NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Moor spa believe strongly that cosmetic products should not be tested on animals. We therefore have worked very hard to be approved under the Humane Cosmetics Standard and are members of BUAV (British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection). You will see their membership stamp of approval on all our packaging
The criteria for this are very specific:-
- The company does not and shall not conduct, commission or be party to animal testing of any cosmetic product including without limitation ingredients and formulations of such products.
- Does not and shall not purchase any ingredient, formulation or product from suppliers that have conducted, commissioned or been a party to animal testing on said ingredient, formulation or product, after a fixed cut-off date.
- A company distributing its own-label products that are supplied by a third party manufacturer shall require that the manufacturer of those products does not and shall not purchase any ingredient, formulation or product from suppliers that conducted, commissioned or were party to animal testing on said ingredient, formulation or product after the company's fixed cut-off date.
- To ensure that ingredients, formulations and products meet the criteria in above, a company seeking approval under the Humane Cosmetics Standard shall obtain annually and maintain on fill Declarations of Product and Raw Material Compliance from each of its product manufacturers and suppliers of ingredients used in its products (excluding growers of natural agricultural ingredients.)
- This documentation shall form part of the company's Supplier Monitoring System and shall be made available for assessment within six months of approval by and independent auditor and at least once every three years thereafter.